CMS WOTC Newsletter February 2020
In this issue:
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit HR.com Webinar Recording
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Renewed Through 2020
- Tips to Maximize WOTC Participation and Increase Savings in 2020
- Need a new Applicant Tracking Solution? Check out iRecruit!
- WOTC Questions: What are the reasons for denials of WOTC?
- Paperless WOTC Screening Options
Last month we did a webinar with HR.com on the Work Opportinity Tax Credit. The webinar features #WOTC expert Brian Kelly from Cost Management Services, and Mel Kleiman, Hourly Worker Retention Expert and Speaker.
As a leading provider of Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) administration services, Cost Management Services (CMS) had been diligently watching the renewal status of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit all year long and were thrilled to hear it was renewed. The legislation includes renewing and extending to December 31, 2020:
- Indian Employment Credit (IEC) from 2017
- Federal Empowerment Zones (FEZ) from 2017
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit, (Renewed through 12/31/2020)
CMS’s Brian Kelly said of the renewal: “We are extremely pleased with the news that the Work Opportunity Tax Credit has been renewed and extended through the end of 2020. We have customers from all across the United States anticipating tax credits, and due to its extension they will be pleased to know that there is no hiatus for the program.”
We’re pleased that the WOTC program will continue to be active throughout 2020 without any hiatus or downtime. Every year we update our list of tips you can use to make sure you’re making the most of the WOTC Tax Credit.
Brian Kelly, Managing Partner of CMS iRecruit, explains to Sue Morton of HR.com Live, how iRecruit’s unique applicant tracking software facilitates seamless integration AND taps into additional talent pools that give tax service credits using WOTC. In the interview Brian explains to Sue what makes iRecruit different from other ATS systems and how iRecruit provides a unique experience.
CMS has been providing Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening services for over 20 years. We have helped save employers millions of dollars that can be reinvested back into their businesses. We currently offer three ways you can screen your employees: paper, call center and online. We highly encourage customers to take advantage of the online form that we developed or the call center, both of which provide several benefits to you.
- Your New WOTC Dashboard
- How to Check if You are in an Empowerment Zone, Enterprise Zone, or Rural Renewal County
- WOTC’s 28-Day Rule Explained
- WOTC’s Target Groups
- Calculate your WOTC Savings
#Follow CMS on Social Media
The latest news on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) from Cost Management Services. Sign Up for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Newsletter
Related: WOTC Newsletter Archive