CMS WOTC Newsletter December 2019
In this issue:
- Seven Reasons to Use Paperless WOTC Screening Today!
- Brian Kelly On Pending Expiration of Work Opportunity Tax Credit at End of 2019
- The Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Hiring Veterans, What You Need to Know
- WOTC Questions: What is the most popular category or target group for WOTC?
- Your WOTC Screening Options
- CMS Christmas Party Playlist 2019
CMS has been providing Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening services for over 20 years. We have helped save employers millions of dollars that can be reinvested back into their businesses. We currently offer three ways you can screen your employees: paper, call center and online. We highly encourage customers to take advantage of the online form that we developed or the call center, both of which provide several benefits to you.
Cost Management Service’s Brian Kelly talks about the pending expiration of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) at End of 2019, and it’s possible hiatus.
Hiring a United States Veteran can potentially make you eligible for a tax credit of up to $9,600. To qualify for a WOTC credit under the Veteran target group, the individual must first complete the 8850, and 9061 forms. If an individual identifies themselves as a veteran, our online system will ask for a copy of the veteran’s DD214 Discharge form. Forms must be submitted to the State Workforce Agency within 28 days of the hire date.
Improving the turnaround time of your background checks helps your company acquire top talent and creates a stronger talent pipeline. Here are four simple things you can do to improve your turnaround time. Thanks to one of our partners, Verified First, for sharing their insight with us.
By a landslide, SNAP (Food Stamp) Benefits Recipients add up to the most common qualifying category. A quick look back at the statistics from 2013 and 2014 show that SNAP benefits accounted for 73.7 percent, and 70.7 percent respectively. That is not including qualified Veterans who had SNAP benefits. Nationally almost 40 million people are on SNAP benefits (USDA Website).
Your WOTC Screening Options
CMS provides three easy screening options for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit: Paper, Online, or by Phone. We recommend screening ALL new employees to avoid any potential discrimination.Contact your expert WOTC team via email or at 800-517-9099 if you have any questions.
- Introduction to the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Preview of the new WOTC Dashboard
- How to Make WOTC a Part of Your Onboarding Process
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Checklist
- WOTC’s 28-Day Rule Explained
- WOTC’s Target Groups
- Calculate your WOTC Savings
CMS Christmas Party Playlist 2019 🎄🎄🎄
#Follow CMS on Social Media
The latest news on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) from Cost Management Services. Sign Up for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Newsletter
Related: WOTC Newsletter Archive