iRecruit Customer Newsletter December 2019
In this issue:
- How to Get More Applicants on Indeed
- What’s The Difference Between a Recruiter and a Hiring Manager?
- SPF Record, DKIM and Email Deliverability Issues
- iRecruit Average Number of Employment Applications November 2019
- Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- Note About the I-9 Form Expiration
- iRecruit Recent Updates
- iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- What We’re Reading
- iRecruit Christmas Party Playlist 2019
We get asked freqently “How do I get more applicants on Indeed?” I thought we would share this list with you.
- Check your Indeed postings regularly to make sure jobs are actually listed, and you can find them. Indeed scans the job postings from iRecruit daily, and new postings are usually added around noon (Eastern time).
- Don’t post your location in the job title (Example: “Production Sorter – Full Time – Lanham, MD”) – your job can get flagged as “poor quality” by Indeed, and require sponsorship in order to appear. You can avoid the sponsorship issue by removing the location. Note, you can still put location or territory in the job description instead.
iRecruit offers multiple user roles, and we’re often asked “What’s The Difference Between a Recruiter and a Hiring Manager?” This actually depends on your user’s needs and the permissions you want them to have. There are three main roles in iRecruit: Administrator, Recruiter and Hiring Manager. There are also some variations of each role that offer additional customizations.
Email security is an ever-evolving process. If you use a custom email address with iRecruit (instead of the default), you may have noticed some deliverability issues, especially when it relates to receiving emails from iRecruit to your own address. iRecruit has several ways to address these deliverability issues, including an SPF record and a DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) record that we can help set up for your domain.
iRecruit’s customers have received an average of 127 new employment applications in the month of November 2019. This down from October which averaged 165. The number of applications by customer typically varies based on the number of jobs posted.
Join us on December 19th at 1pm for the General User Refresh and Year End Clean Up Training (bring all questions) at 1pm Eastern Time.
Note About the I-9 Form Expiration
The I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification Form, that employers have been using since July 2017 expired on August 31, 2019. Until USCIS makes any additional announcements on I-9 Central, employers should plan to continue to use the current form. There is still no update on this as of 12/6/2019.
iRecruit Recent Updates
Updated WOTC Portal
New and improved WOTC customer portal, track your tax credits.
Application Personal Information Section
iRecruit Application, Personal Information section updated so you can now edit name, address fields.
DocumentsZip Download Options Updated
Files uploaded to applicant record (other than iConnect, resume and cover letters) are now available to download via DocumentsZip Download Options.
New W-9 Due to Be Added Before End of 2019
iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- Setup and Use Indeed Apply
- How to Advertise Job Requisitions on iRecruit
- Get To Know iRecruit, Tips for New Users
- Help Videos
- iRecruit Training
- How to Join a WebeX Session and Share Screen
- iRecruit Newsletter Archive
What We’re Reading
3 Factors Strongly Linked to Better Employee Retention, According to 32 Million LinkedIn Profiles (Read @ LinkedIn Talent)
Talent May Be Shifting Away From Superstar Cities (Read @ Citylab)
How to Create an Effective “Day in the Life” for Candidates (Read @ Indeed)
Five Recruiting Trends for the New Decade (Read @ SHRM)
iRecruit Christmas Party Playlist 2019 🎄🎄🎄
#Follow iRecruit on Social Media
If you don’t get our monthly newsletter emailed to you, but would like to subscribe, please go here to sign up.
Related: Newsletter Archive.