iRecruit Customer Newsletter August 2022
In this issue:
- Two-Factor Authentication Coming September 1st
- Creative Ways to Use Texting with iRecruit and iConnect
- Does iConnect include Work Opportunity Tax Credit Screening?
- SPF Record, DKIM and Email Deliverability
- Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- Tips for New iRecruit Users
- iRecruit Recent Updates
- iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- What We’re Reading
Two-Factor Authentication Coming September 1st
In an ongoing effort to improve security within the iRecruit platform we are adding an email-based Two-Factor Authentication for all users on September 1st, 2022. This update will affect all users.
Creative Ways to Use Texting with iRecruit and iConnect
Text a reminder that new hire forms have been assigned. Yes, iConnect will automatically send an email reminder, however, not everyone checks their emails as often as they see texts on their phone. This is a convenient way to speed up your onboarding process.
Does iConnect include Work Opportunity Tax Credit Screening?
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit is a federal tax credit available to employers who hire individuals from target groups who have faced significant barriers to employment. Target groups include individuals on SNAP benefits, disabled individuals, Veterans, the long-term unemployed and more. The average tax credit is around $2,400 and around 10-15% of new hires may be eligible.
SPF Record, DKIM and Email Deliverability
In order to use a custom email address with iRecruit such as email@example.com for outgoing messages such as “Thank you for applying” or “new hire forms” notices, you will have to add an SPF and DKIM Record to your DNS for iRecruit.
Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- 8/11/2022: iRecruit Reports
- 8/25/2022: General Open Training
Plus check out all the other upcoming training sessions.
Tips for New iRecruit Users
Are you new to iRecruit? Whether you are an Administrator, Recruiter or Hiring Manager, here are 12 simple things you should do to get to know your account.
iRecruit Recent Updates
- Dispositions (in addition to Status) can now be made inactive in order to “archive” and add new items.
- Comparative Analysis Report Expanded to Include More Fields
- New Checklist Feature Available in iRecruit
- Texting. Text applicants from your dashboard or applicant profile page.
- Requisition Attachments– new feature added.
- iConnect Update to PDF Forms
- Applicant Portal Updates
iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- How to Find All Applications for a Single Applicant
- Beefing Up the Content on Your Applicant Portal
- Five Things Administrators Can Do in iRecruit
- Cost Management Services iRecruit Achieves Veracode Verified Standard Status
- WOTC Administration Dashboard
- Help Videos
- iRecruit Newsletter Archive
What We’re Reading
Overcoming candidate “ghosting”: How to keep candidates engaged, moving forward … and showing up (Read @ Lead with Indeed)
The ZipRecruiter Job Seeker Confidence Index (Read @ ZipRecruiter)
Diversity and inclusion: not (just) HR’s job (Read @ Glassdoor)
How Objective Hiring Methods Can Reduce Bias and Discrimination (Read @ HR Daily Advisor)
The Overqualified Workers Struggling to Find Jobs (Read @ BBC Worklife)
12 Sourcing Tactics to Help You Find Exceptional Candidates (Read @ LinkedIn)
Why Skills-Based Hiring is Here to Stay (Read @ SHRM)
The Undervaluing of Recruiting (Read @ ERE)
It’s Time to Streamline the Hiring Process (Read @ Harvard Business Review)
More companies are trying out the 4-day workweek. But it might not be for everyone (Read/Listen @ NPR)
Want to see more like this? Follow our blog every Friday morning for #FridayReads.