iRecruit Customer Newsletter November 2021
In this issue:
- Important Job Board Updates
- Getting Hiring Managers Engaged in iRecruit
- Introduction to the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (Video)
- Three Rules for Texting Job Applicants
- Correcting Mistakes on New Hire Forms
- Achieve Faster Background Screening Turnaround Times
- 12 Tips for New iRecruit Users
- Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- iRecruit Recent Updates
- iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- What We’re Reading
Important Job Board Updates
Indeed is encouraging you to put your salary into the job description, or into the salary fields available via the requisition form to improve salary transparency. (Read More)
ZipRecruiter’s Traffic Boost will have a new fee effective 01/03/2022. The new distribution fee will be $299 for the 30 day ZipRecruiter TrafficBoost.
An iRecruit account can include Administrators, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers. These three different roles are available within the account. Recruiter is a secondary role to the Admin. Recruiters can do everything, but they cannot make Administrative changes. Hiring Manager is the most restricted role, limited to see ONLY applicants and candidates who submit applications for their assigned positions.
Did you know 10-15% of new hires may make your company eligible for a federal tax credit? If they fall under one of ten target groups who typically face barriers to finding employment, you may be eligible for a tax credit of up to $2,400. iRecruit, can provide this integrated Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening service to identify qualified individuals.
Texting is available to incorporate texting into your recruiting tools. iRecruit users can have a faster time to fill by using texting. 98% of text messages are opened and read versus just 20% for emails. AND, according to SMS Comparison‘s 2021 report 95% of text messages are read and responded to within 3 minutes of being received.
Occasionally, a new hire or applicant will be assigned forms, and will make a mistake on an important form, and will want to correct it as quickly as possible. It might be as simple as entering today’s date instead of a birth date for example. Did you know you can reassign forms back to candidate to make corrections?
Verified First’s seamless integration with iRecruit provides clients with a turn-key experience and enables them to process comprehensive screens in one, convenient place. With a dedicated support team, a user-friendly browser extension, and unbeatable turnaround times, Verified First puts you first.
Are you new to iRecruit? Whether you are an Administrator, Recruiter or Hiring Manager, here are 12 simple things you should do to get to know your account.
- 11/11/2021: Work Opportunity Tax Credits
- 11/16/2021: iRecruit Reports
- 11/22/2021: Bring your questions to the General Open Session on Zoom
Plus check out all the upcoming training sessions.
iRecruit Recent Updates
- New Data Manager for Sage available (update next time your run) this adds the Veteran identified field from the VEVRAA form.
- Requisition Costs Tab removed, no longer used.
- Texting. Text applicants from your dashboard or applicant profile page.
- New Checklist feature coming soon! Create checklists for your hiring to make sure all the bases are covered
iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- Five Things Administrators Can Do in iRecruit
- Get To Know iRecruit, Tips for New Users
- Easily Identify Internal Applicants
- Setting Up iRecruit TXT
- Cost Management Services iRecruit Achieves Veracode Verified Standard Status
- WOTC Administration Dashboard
- Help Videos
- iRecruit Newsletter Archive
What We’re Reading
Report: Urgent Job Postings Grow for Seasonal Jobs (Read @ Lead with Indeed)
How to Ask Job Candidates if They Are Vaccinated (Read @ Evil HR Lady via Inc.)
job seekers are ghosting us on interviews and job offers (Read @ Ask a Manager)
Jobs Friday: Where are all the older workers? (Read/Listen @ NPR)
Why rejection stings so hard for internal job applicants (Read @ Quartz at Work)
The Great Resignation Is Accelerating (Read @ The Atlantic)
The key to a successful holiday season will be flexible staffing (Read @ HR Dive)
It’s Hard Being a Recruiter Right Now — This Woman Speaks Up About It (Read @ LinkedIn)