iRecruit Customer Newsletter October 2021 🎃
In this issue:
- Webinar Recording: Fast & Thorough Background Screening with Verified First & iRecruit
- Better Candidate Experience with a Shorter Application in iRecruit
- Is it Worth it to do the Work Opportunity Tax Credit?
- Can I Add a Training Video in iConnect?
- Best Practices for Using iRecruit TXT
- Reminder: Indeed.com Conversion Tracker Ended October 1st.
- Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- iRecruit Recent Updates
- iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- What We’re Reading
Webinar Recording: Fast & Thorough Background Screening with Verified First & iRecruit
Better Candidate Experience with a Shorter Application in iRecruit
Our customers know that iRecruit is highly configurable. This is important right now because we are in a candidate market. After the ups and downs of the pandemic over the last year employers are reporting that they are struggling to fill roles. Employers are having to adjust expectations, boost salaries and benefits to get people to apply. Join us on 10/19/2021 for a new training session Editing Application for a Better Candidate Experience.
Is it Worth it to do the Work Opportunity Tax Credit?
We’re often asked the question “Is it Worth it for us to do the Work Opportunity Tax Credit?” There is certainly a lot of value in this Federal Tax Credit available to employers that hire individuals from disadvantaged groups of workers that have historically faced barriers to finding employment. Typically, each year $3.5 Billion dollars in tax credits are given to participating employers.
Can I Add a Training Video in iConnect?
iRecruit customers with iConnect, electronic onboarding, can use video for new hires for training purposes, and for welcoming new hires. Customers can also add a quiz into the video page (or a separate page) to ask questions to make sure the new hire has actually watched the video, and understands its content.
Best Practices for Using iRecruit TXT
Texting is a convenient and easy way to reach someone, and is available to all iRecruit users who would like to incorporate texting into their recruiting tools. iRecruit TXT allows users to initiate conversations with applicants directly from the applicant’s profile page. iRecruit users can have a faster time to fill by using texting.
Reminder: Indeed.com Conversion Tracker Ended October 1st.
Indeed.com sunsetted its Conversion Tracker on October 1, 2021 due to recent and planned changes to 3rd party cookie usage. If you use Conversion Tracking as a primary source of tracking data, Indeed encourages you to use Indeed Apply or Apply Start tracking instead.
Upcoming iRecruit Training Sessions
- 10/7/2021: iRecruit TXT
- 10/19/2021: Editing Your Application for a Better Candidate Experience
- 10/28/2021: Bring your questions to the General Open Session on Zoom
Plus check out all the upcoming training sessions.
iRecruit Recent Updates
- New Data Manager for Sage available (update next time your run) this adds the Veteran identified field from the VEVRAA form.
- Requisition Costs Tab removed, no longer used.
- Texting. Text applicants from your dashboard or applicant profile page.
- New Checklist feature coming soon! Create checklists for your hiring to make sure all the bases are covered.
iRecruit Knowledgebase #ICYMI
- Five Things Administrators Can Do in iRecruit
- Get To Know iRecruit, Tips for New Users
- Easily Identify Internal Applicants
- Setting Up iRecruit TXT
- Cost Management Services iRecruit Achieves Veracode Verified Standard Status
- WOTC Administration Dashboard
- Help Videos
- iRecruit Newsletter Archive
What We’re Reading:
Applying for a job? A new Connecticut law requires the employer to tell you how much it pays (Read @ Hartford Courant)
3 Common Mistakes That Can Disrupt the Candidate Experience (Read @ Lead with Indeed)
Why inexperienced workers can’t get entry-level jobs (Read @ BBC Worklife)
Job seekers are putting their vaccination status on LinkedIn profiles and resumes: ‘It’s better to be over-qualified’ (Read @ Market Watch)
What Amazon’s $18 average hourly wage means for other employers (Read @ Quartz)
Eight Simple Sourcing Innovation to Attract More Candidates (Read @ SHRM)
This is why candidates are ghosting you (Read @ Fast Company)
Why Recruiters Need to Embrace Content Marketing (Read @ HR Daily Advisor)
In the Middle of the Great Resignation, Employers Are Rejecting Millions of Qualified Workers, New Harvard Research Finds (Read @ Inc.)
7 Top Interview Questions to Ask During the ‘Great Reshuffle’ (Read @ LinkedIn)
#Follow iRecruit on Social Media:
If you don’t get our monthly newsletter emailed to you, but would like to subscribe, please go here to sign up.
Related: Newsletter Archive.