The Lake Houston Economic Development Partnership (EDP) will host a seminar, Relief After Harvey presented by CenterPoint Energy, on Monday, October 23, 2017. Speakers include Brian Kelly, President of Cost Management Services, and Mark Mitchell, President of Lake Houston EDP.
The Hurricane Harvey seminar is focused on highlighting existing and tested federal hiring programs as well as currently proposed legislation that can help you offset the increased cost of finding new employees in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Depending on the size of your business and hiring profile, the credits can be worth a few thousand dollars to tens of thousand dollars annually.
What you’ll learn:
- How the existing program works
- Can my company benefit from the program?
- Example savings estimate
- How to take advantage of the program
- What’s covered in the proposed relief package for businesses
- How can I support ongoing efforts to expedite our recovery
Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Location: Humble Civic Center
How To Attend the Seminar
Houston area business can register for this seminar via the Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce Website.