Are you prepared?
The end of the year is almost here and we know that there are a lot of year-end processes for you to take care of. CMS is here to help you be proactive in preparing for your 2016 ACA filing.
Here’s what you need to know:
- 1095-C’s due to the employee by January 31st 2017
- 1094-C & 1095-C’s due to the IRS February 28th 2017 for paper filing or March 31st 2017 for e-filing
- Names for employees and ALL dependents must be entered into HRMS as it appears on their Social Security Card. Must include middle initial and/or suffix when applicable
- Utilize the Social Security Number Verification System (SSNVS) to verify all:
- Employees – New Hires, Transfers, Acquired, PT to FT benefit eligible
- Dependents – Spouses, Domestic Partners, Children
- Verify all dates are entered into Sage HRMS correctly – Eligibility, Hire, Term, Effective, and Employee Status changes
- Prepare a list of all new hires, terminated employees, employees with life events and anyone who is newly eligible/ineligible for benefits to coordinate appropriate codes for the 1095-C’s
CMS has been helping businesses with their unique Human Resources, and Payroll needs since 1997. Our team of HR consultants are here to assist you with all of your Human Resources and regulatory compliance needs.
Please feel free to reach out to Dawn Royer, CMS’s Senior HRIS Consultant, at 860-269-0507 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.