Are you prepared?
The end of the year is almost here and we know that there are a lot of year-end processes for you to take care of. CMS is here to help you be proactive in preparing for your 2016 ACA filing.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Corrections to 2015 1095-C’s should be completed prior to working on 2016 1095-C forms to avoid duplicate rejections from the IRS
- 2016 1095-C’s due to the employee by January 31st 2017
- 2016 1094-C & 1095-C’s due to the IRS February 28th 2017 for paper filing or March 31st 2017 for e-filing
- Names for employees and ALL dependents must be entered into HRMS as it appears on their Social Security Card. Must include middle initial and/or suffix when applicable
- Utilize the Social Security Number Verification System (SSNVS) to verify all:
- Employees – New Hires, Transfers, Acquired, PT to FT benefit eligible
- Dependents – Spouses, Domestic Partners, Children
- Verify all dates are entered into Sage HRMS correctly – Eligibility, Hire, Term, Effective, and Employee Status changes
- Prepare a list of all new hires, terminated employees, employees with life events and anyone who is newly eligible/ineligible for benefits to coordinate appropriate codes for the 1095-C’s
2016 ACA Preparation Package
To assist you with your 2016 ACA filing, CMS is offering a complete 2016 ACA Preparation Package which includes:
- ACA Data Review
- Employee & Dependents
- Benefit Eligibility & Enrollment as well as Waived Benefit Review
- Payroll Data Review and Import
- 1094-C & 1095-C Form Review & Filing with Aatrix
- ACA Rejections Review & Refiling
- Additional Cost for Aatrix Filing $1.95/EE
Please join us on one of our upcoming ACA webinars for further information and pricing:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
CMS has been helping businesses with their unique Human Resources, and Payroll needs since 1997. Our expert team of HR consultants are available to assist you with all of your Human Resources and regulatory compliance needs.
Please feel free to reach out to Dawn Royer, CMS’s Senior HRIS Consultant, at 860-269-0507 or contact us here for further assistance.